International Coastal Management (ICM) provides
PRACTICAL and INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR THE COASTAL ZONE.
ICM is based in Australia and works with selected associates around the globe. For a summary of current and past projects see "projects". ICM is successful as it believes that:
- We look for cost effective solutions to your particular problem. Each project is UNIQUE, and often INNOVATIVE and INTEGRATED solutions are required to provide the best and safest solution as the coastal environment is complex and highly variable.
- Solutions should be based on Integrated Coastal Managent [ICM] prInciples.
- Designs must be flexible and robust to work effectively with low risk in a wide range of conditions.
- To give the best results Coastal Engineers need to understand the dynamic environment they work in and to get their feet wet.
As a result, ICM is NOT a typical "design factory" consultancy turning out "one solution fits all" standard designs.
We believe that the quality of the planning and design is paramount to reduce project costs and risks. We definitely do not believe that numerous large and expensive reports equates to quality.
Our Engineers understand the coastal processes and are as comfortable in the water checking on construction or monitoring, as they are sitting at the computer in the office. We also understand that the client has a finite budget.
ICM's select team of innovative coastal engineers is lead and mentored by Angus Jackson, a Coastal Engineer with over 35 years experience with design AND construction in the coastal zone. Angus presently runs the Middle East operations, while the team in Australia is directed by the Senior Coastal Engineer, Bobbie Corbett.
SUMMARY: Our objective is to provide project specific solutions for the coastal zone that are:
- ROBUST / LOW RISK
- COST EFFECTIVE
- INTEGRATED, USER FRIENDLY and SAFE
- ECO - ENGINEERED
We thrive in solving the more difficult challenges, and our aim is to achieve [and we usually do] at a client friendly cost what our colleages think is impossible [some people equate difficult with impossible!]